Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Who am I?

I'm a wife, I'm a mom, a teacher, a nurse, a chef, a bus driver, an author, a horse lover ...
Are these who I am? No. These multiple roles are things I do and they are part of my identity. As a new creation in Christ I have a new identity. Not an identity that obliterates me or diminishes me. I have a new identity that makes me complete. I have (according to Ezekiel) a new heart, and He has written His laws upon that new heart and He will cause me to walk in His ways ... because I am in Him and He is in me. You can't get closer than that.
I have been really busy and I'm sure you have too. I told someone that, cluck, cluck, I'm a chicken with no head. She reminded me that I am not a headless chicken even though I am acting like one.
So who are you? Are you a child of God? If so, you too are a new creation. Are you acting like your old dead self? Why? Paul asks the same question in Romans. Why would we continue to act as though we are lacking when we have been given the most incredible gift of all? Jesus. He is all we need. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment